Wireshark is the world's most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
Wireshark is a network packet analyzer. A network packet analyzer will try to capture network packets and tries to display that packet data as detailed as possible.
Here are some examples people use Wireshark for:
- network administrators use it to troubleshoot network problems
- network security engineers use it to examine security problems
- developers use it to debug protocol implementations
- people use it to learn network protocol internals
Main Features :
- Available for UNIX and Windows.
- Capture live packet data from a network interface.
- Display packets with very detailed protocol information.
- Open and Save packet data captured.
- Import and Export packet data from and to a lot of other capture programs.
- Filter packets on many criteria.
- Search for packets on many criteria.
- Colorize packet display based on filters.
- Create various statistics.