SCARM means Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller – a free software for simplified design of scaled railway layouts and creation of railroad model track plans. With SCARM you can easily create your desired layout.
With SCARM you can:
- You can create complex layouts with many railway stations on bigger area.
- You can modelling flex-track routes easily, intuitive and most important – in very realistic way.
- You can deploy your layout on more than one level, with different heights and slopes of choosen sections from the track route.
- You can use tunnels and bridges.
- You can draw figures in order to create buildings of train stations, houses, industries, etc. together with all needed roads and infrastructure.
- You can use semaphores and color light signals to create the signalling in the layout track route.
- You can see a 3D view of your layout - just select "3D" button from the toolbar.
- You can measure distances and track sections length, using the functions in "Tools" menu.
- You can export and/or print your layout and show it to the other railway enthusiasts.
- You can view and print a list with the needed track pieces and even use it as a shopping list.
- You can share your ideas with the author and ask him for new features and also for correcting bugs and errors, if you find some.