The name of this application suggests quite clearly what its main functionality is meant to be: using Quran texts within MS Word. Quran in MS Word adds a menu to MS Word which allows browsing and searching the Quran for “Suras” (chapters), “Ayahs/Ayats” (signs), verses, and other texts of the Holy Quran, and quickly adding them to the currently opened MS Word documents. Finding Quran translations is also possible using this tool.
“Quran in Ms Word” is a very small and simple utility. It is a MS Word add-in, therefore its main interface is actually a menu that will be displayed in the “Add-in” section of MS Word. The 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions of MS Word are supported. Though it is simple and easy-to-use, it also comes with plenty of powerful functions. For example, the search function that lets you locate specific verses is truly effective and accurate. I also like the fact that it allows using different sources for the Quran translations.
Last but not least, this neat and handy application is also free. Some issues might appear when installing it, either because your system lacks some MS Office patches, or because the wrong package (32-bit or 64-bit) was downloaded. Anyway, other than these, there are no other downsides about it. If you need to have Quran texts at hand when using MS Word, then this little tool is great.
- Small and lightweight.
- Supports different translation sources.
- Powerful search function
- Requires you to download and install additional MS Office patches and updates (Microsoft Office System Update: Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies).
- The 64-bit download link leads to the older 2.0 version of the app.
- The installation might be rather difficult because of the lack of proper guidance.
- The interface cannot be customized in any way.
- Some interface windows look rather outdated and unpolished