The Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio (ODT) is a tightly integrated "Add-in" for Microsoft Visual Studio. ODT is free.
- Integration with Visual Studio: Use Server Explorer to browse your Oracle schema and launch one of the many integrated Oracle designers and wizards to create and alter schema objects. Use Microsoft Query Designer to visually design queries.
- Automatic .NET Code Generation: Use the Visual Studio Datasources Window, the Dataset Designer, and the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard to drag and drop and automatically generate .NET code.
- Easy ASP.NET Web Development: If you're an ASP.NET web developer, ODT makes it easy to generate ASP.NET web applications with minimal coding required.
- Powerful Application Tuning Tools: New! Use Oracle Performance Analyzer to tune your .NET application's use of Oracle Database via a single click of a button. The database is then monitored under load and recommendations are made, such as modifications to SQL or adding an index on a table. You can also tune Ad-hoc SQL statements in Query Window with SQL Tuning Advisor.
- SQL Script Lifecycle with Source Control Integration: Generate SQL scripts for Oracle schema objects that your .NET application uses, manage them in an Oracle Database Project, check them into source control, edit the scripts in the Oracle SQL Editor, and execute them with a built in SQL*Plus execution engine.