MicroWorlds EX is not a tool, but rather a collection of tools assembled to provide the means you need to do all the types of explorations you can imagine. By tools, we don’t mean just gizmos and gadgets (although there are definitely some of those in MicroWorlds EX)
Students explore and test their ideas in this idea exploration and project creation environment. MicroWorlds EX is so versatile it can be used to create:
- science simulations
- mathematical explorations
- interactive multimedia stories
- anything you can imagine…
Welcome Screen Start by selecting one of the 4 options:
- Free Mode (a blank, new MicroWorlds project)
- Open Project (open an existing project)
- Tutorials (on screen step-by-step tutorials help teachers and students learn MicroWorlds EX)
- Samples (exploration and project ideas)
Additional Support & Help
- On screen techniques panel to help students with the most common tasks.
- Instant tips on commands and error messages.
- Redesigned, faster, more accessible Help System.
- Media content: hundreds of shapes, music, photos, sounds and videos.
- Technical support line
- Curriculum ideas at the LCSI Web Site Project Library
- Teacher’s Guide to help you get started.
- 32 bit graphics
- Improved user interface for graphics includes: grid, constraint, floating graphics, clipart library, and more…
- Wallpaper page to create a common background throughout a project.
- New interactive objects make it easy to create cool interactive projects such as surveys, quizzes and interactive presentations.
- These objects include drop down menus, check boxes and radio button sets that they can add to their projects.
- Dialog box editor generates professional looking dialog boxes.
Compatible with Microsoft products (Windows version only)
- Use Word’s spell checker
- Use Excel’s charting power
Drag and drop
- Music (Including MIDI and MP3’s)
- Videos (Including AVI and MPEG's)
- Web pages (HTML)
- Sounds (WAVE, AIFF and SND)
Web Authoring Tools
- Create HTML templates for your interactive projects to be displayed directly on the WWW
- Add hyperlink connections to the WWW