Web Service Enhancement (WSE) is add-ins to Microsoft Visual Studio .Net and Microsoft .Net Framework. WSE is a feature set, which developers can use for secured interaction between Web services based on different WS- specifications, such as WS-Security, WS-Addressing and WS-Policy. The Web Services Enhancements 3.0 for Microsoft .NET (WSE) enables developers to create interoperable Web services with advanced Web services features. With WSE 3.0 you can secure your messages using digital signatures and encryption, use MTOM to efficiently send large amounts of binary data, route messages through intermediaries, host Web Services outside of IIS, use the TCP/IP protocol and more. WSE 3.0 comes complete with samples and product documentation. WSE includes the following major features:
1. Easier message level security.
2. Interoperability with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
3. Improved Policy Framework.
4. Web services hosted by ASP.NET can now be hosted outside of IIS.
5. Improved session management.
6. Signature Confirmation.
7. Integrated tool support with Visual Studio 2005.
8. Support for updated Web services specifications.
9. Support for 64 bit runtime.
10. A comprehensive set of QuickStart samples showing the numerous features of WSE 3.0.