Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls Version 1.0 of the ASP.NET Server Controls is required as a prior condition for MCMS 2002 with SP1a Server Component. It is a collection or set of Microsoft ASP.Net server controls that makes the authoring of user interfaces (UI) easier for you. The WebControls provide authoring tools from a single source in ASP.Net, which is responsible for delivering HTML content based on capabilities of a browser. WebControls actually simplify Web development in several common ways by introducing a single source authoring solution for the TreeView, ToolBar, TabCotntrol and MultiPage user interface (UI) elements. The WebControls contains a collection of Dynamic HTML (DHTML) behaviors. This gets automatically downloaded from ASP.Net Web Forms to Internet Explorer version 5.5 and later. These behaviors include certain custom elements that can be used independently, without the help of ASP.Net. Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls Version 1.0 include three UI components which are in normal case associated with desktop type applications. The three UI components are;
- ‘TreeView’, which is a hierarchical tree control.
- ‘ToolBar’, which is a normal toolbar.
- ‘The TabStrip, MultiPage and PageView controls’, which is a similar component like a tabbed dialog box.
Now you can make much advanced and improved interface through the controls like TabStrip, MultiView, and PageView that are introduced in Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls 1.0. These controls help you to create rich browser based User Interfaces (UIs). These tools provide ASP.NET developers the ability to create Web-based applications that look, feel, and behave similar to any traditional Windows desktop applications. All these controls include automatic browser detection. So your pages will now function in all commonly used browsers.
The Operating Systems supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls Version 1.0 are: Windows Server 2003; Windows XP, Windows® 2000, Windows® XP and Windows® .NET Server platforms. The most important thing that should be kept in mind before the installation is that, the .Net Framework is required to run Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls. So it should be preinstalled in your computer before the installation of Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls 1.0.
- The implemented controls can really help in dressing up your website.
- This collection makes authoring of user interfaces (UI) easier for you.
- The controls help you to create rich browser based User Interfaces (UIs)
- The trees in the TreeView WebControl should be kept small in size in order to avoid poor performance.
- The Internet Explorer WebControls are not part of the .NET Framework and must be downloaded separately