The Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) helps customers understand their application compatibility situation by identifying which applications are compatible with the Windows 7® and Windows Vista® operating system and which require further testing. ACT helps customers lower their costs for application compatibility testing, prioritize their applications, and deploy Windows more quickly.
- Verify an application's compatibility with a new version of the Windows operating system, or a Windows Update, including determining your risk assessment.
- Become involved in the ACT Community, including sharing your risk assessment with other ACT users.
- Test your Web applications and Web sites for compatibility with new releases and security updates to the Windows Internet Explorer® Internet browser.
- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 2000 Service Pack 4;Windows 7;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1;Windows Vista;Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Supported Database Components: Microsoft® SQL Server 2008, Microsoft® SQL Server 2005, Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Miscellaneous Software Requirements: Microsoft® .NET Framework, version 3.5