Free AVI Video Converter is a good option in case you are looking for a video converter that supports different source and target video formats. The program supports 14 input formats including 36 different extension files. The program allows you to convert one or more video files simultaneously and the source video files can be easily added to the conversion list by using the drag and drop feature.
The supported output video formats are AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MOV, WebM, FLV, SWF, M2TS, and MP3, and each format includes different quality presets to select the one that best suits your needs. One disadvantage is that the program doesn't show you the devices supported or compatible with said formats. MP4 is the only format that lists some compatible devices. So you should be sure which format is compatible with your mobile device before converting your videos. You can add tags to the video files, modify each quality preset, or create a new one.
You can use other useful options: add the output files to a new iTunes playlist, accelerate the video encoding, or turn off the computer when the conversion process is finished. You should pay attention to the fact that the videos cannot be split or cut.
From the Options you can accelerate video encoding, but you can only enable this option if your graphic card supports hardware acceleration.
- It supports different source and target video formats.
- You have the option to accelerate the video encoding and turn off the computer when the conversion process is finished
- During setup, you will be asked to install third-party applications.
- The videos to be converted cannot be split or cut.
- The program doesn't show the devices supported by the listed formats