Empire XP is a Windows version of the classic Risk board game.
The object of Empire XP is to occupy every territory on the map, eliminating all other players, thus conquering the world.
- Trading in Risk cards for armies,
- Dice are not used in Empire XP, instead you can choose from :
- the biggest army always wins the battle (1-for-1 system)
- a bigger army gives a better chance of winning (Dice-like results)
- Internet/Online Gaming, play against others over the internet
- Play against strong computer opponents
- LAN multiplayer gaming, join a game or start a network game at home among the connected computers
- Create maps of your own and share them with others
- Submit high scores, get your name listed on the top 5 players list
- One-PC-multiplayer game (hotseat mode)
- Demo mode, use this as a tutor or a screen saver
- Losses counter: minimize your losses during the game, the fewer armies you need the higher is your score
- Ranking system, from Private to General.
- Computer player 'Personalities'
- Chat while playing a LAN/Internet game
- Statistics window
- Troop Experience