Data Recovery is always dependent on the file system. Any sort of logical corruption causing data loss affects only the file system, data recovery methods devised are aimed at getting files and folders out of the corrupted logical drive or volume by reading remanent attributes of the file system.
Disk Doctors XFS Data Recovery software works for XFS file system only and is not targeted to any particular operating system due to wide support of XFS with various UNIX and Linux operating systems.
XFS file system is an old journalising file system, which has been available for UNIX (SGI, IRIX) operating system. Since the year 2000, XFS is also available to various Linux distributions for the creation of volumes. The support and the usage of XFS file system has grown with the increase in adaptation of network storages. Some of the most popular NAS vendors such as Buffalo TeraStation, Snap Server, iomega, Lacie, Synology etc. are shipping NAS boxes with XFS formatted volumes.
Disk Doctors XFS Data Recovery is advanced recovery software designed to recover lost data from XFS formatted volumes.
Disk Doctors XFS Data Recovery software can recover data, when :
- Volume is not mounting
- Super Block is corrupt
- IAG (Inode Allocation Group) is corrupt
- AG (Allocation Group) is corrupt
- Partitions / Volumes are missing or corrupted
Disk Doctors XFS recovery software must be installed on a Windows machine and the drive containing XFS volume then can be attached as a secondary drive to recover lost data. This software helps to recover lost data from different types of storages, which include SATA, IDE/ATA, SCSI, or USB drives. The software has collection of extended algorithms to recover data lost due to virus attacks, accidental disk formatting, software/hardware faults, or disk re-partitioning.
Main Features :
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Powerful lost volume search that helps to locate lost or missing volumes
- Two methods of disk volume processing to yield best recovery results
- Extremely robust, XFS volume recovery and scanning algorithms
- Presents recovered hierarchical data presentation matching UNIX/Linux architecture
- Selective find and save option
- Save Scan Information feature helps to avoid rescanning a drive, this features comes in handy when evaluating demo version. The save scan information can be used with full version to recover data without rescanning the drive
- Preserves the date, name and other attributes of recovered files after recovery