PowerDVD 6.0 is a high definition, ultra modern Dolby Digital video/audio player. It supports the following format of audio/video files: DVD Disc, VCD Disc, Audio CD Disc, Playlist files (*.pls), DVD Video object files (*.vob), MPEG Video files (*.mpg), MPEG-1 Audio Layer-2 files (*.mp2), MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3 files (*.mp3), Video Recordable files (*.vro) and many more.
PowerDVD 6.0 comes with a crystal-clear clarity of audio using the latest state of the art technology. It provides excellent picture quality for high definition videos.
Now you can enjoy 360 degrees surround sound right in your home. This piece of software is enough to shake your walls and the neighborhood with the right kind of speaker system attached to your PC.
Remember movies like 'Jurassic Park', 'Batman Returns', 'Clear and Present Danger' which started the Dolby DTS revolution? If you want to enjoy every single bit of such high definition sound technology, then this software is worth a buy.
PowerDVD 6.0 comes with four skins - Crystal, Oscar, Glamor (Default) and Glow. It provides two audio output modes - Stereo and Dolby Virtual Speaker, and comes with 14 equalizer presets - Classical, Dance, Brass, Sparkly, Pop Contemporary, 80s Glam Rock, Soft, Techno, Hard Rock, Ska, Country, Acoustic, Folk, Blues.
- Better clarity of audio and video output
- Sharp and bright colors for high definition videos
- State-of-art surround sound technology
- Plays VCD, DVD, MPEG1, MPEG2 files
- Enabling video color profiles such as "Vivid", "Theater" or "Bright" (instead of "Original") consumes extra CPU power. This means that you need to run PowerDVD on a 400MHz or more speed CPU.
- At least 128MB of RAM is required to enjoy features such as Dolby Headphone, Dolby Virtual Speaker, SRS, CLMEI-2, DSP, and Dolby Pro Logic IIx decoder.
- For loading external subtitles, you should name the subtitle file with the same file name as the playback video file.
- DirectX version 8.1 or higher is required to ensure that PowerDVD works properly.
- To use CLPV, it is highly recommended that you use a graphic card with 8MB or more video memory