Autodesk Intent is an add-in to Autodesk Inventor, and it loads automatically when Inventor starts.
Intent works in conjunction with AutoCAD software to capture design intent and create engineering and configuration rules. Manufacturers can automate the creation of engineer-to-order products.
Intent is a custom functional design development tool:
- Enable reusable designs and configurations
- Ensure consistent application of proprietary design procedures
- Rule-based language
Intent streamlines the order engineering process:
- Generate order fulfillment documents
- Perform "what if" explorations
- Reduce order engineering throughput time and costs
Intent captures detailed engineering and business information:
- Design rules
- Geometric and spatial rules
- Engineering calculations
- Cost and pricing rules
- Manufacturing rules