Does defragmenting your hard disk take too long? Did you know that running programs can neither be defragmented nor be moved, thus they stay in the way of defragmentation? Did you know that besides disk defragmentation, a disk optimization would tremendously speed up computer performance?
Abexo disk defragmenter is a Windows utility designed to automate the necessary steps for an efficient disk defragmentation and optimization.
An efficient disk defragmentation and optimization involves several preparations:
1. Disk cleanup: There is no point in including temporary or junk files in the process of disk defragmentation. Junk files such as Internet Temporary Files, Java cache and Windows temporary files take up often more than 500 MB of disk space.
2. pagefile and hiberfile removable: pagefile (swapfile) and hiberfile are huge system files used to hold some temporary data. These files are the number one enemy of an efficient disk defragmentation and can not be deleted by ordinary means.
3. Suppressing running programs and processes: Files that are in use, such as a running firewall or anti-virus, can not be defragmented or moved. They stay in the way of re-arranging other files.
4. Running scandisk: Defragmentation will stop midway if the disk contains any bad sectors. Therefore Scandisk should be run before defragmentation to repair the damaged sectors.
5. Disk optimization: Data read and write is fastest in areas near top of the drive. Replacing data that are accessed frequently (i.e. folders) in that area would tremendously speed up computer performance.
Abexo Defragmenter Lite/Pro/Plus can do all of the above-mentioned tasks without hand-holding and finally shut down the computer or pass the control to Abexo Registry Cleaner for further unattended maintenance tasks.
It is as simple as click-and-go-to-bed.